Login Register
Login
Username:
Password:
Lost Password?Don't Have An Account?

Announcement

You Are Welcome

We welcome you here as you join the ongoing Discussions.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disregard any campaign on my behave, I have no plan to contest 2019 election—Osinbajo
10-10-2017, 05:24 AM,
Disregard any campaign on my behave, I have no plan to contest 2019 election—Osinbajo
Vice- President Yemi Osinbajo on Monday said he had no plan to contest the 2019 presidential election.
According to Reuters , Osinbajo said this when he was asked at the
Financial Times Africa Summit in London if he had considered running .
“ None of that is on the cards, ” the Vice- President reportedly said .
Osinbajo had earlier disowned a group known as Osinbajo Volunteers, which is campaigning for his election as President in 2019 .
His Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity , Mr . Laolu Akande, had asked Nigerians to disregard the group , adding that Osinbajo had nothing to do with them .
The group had noted that Nigeria now “ has a leader who has a clue about what to do and (how to ) turn Nigeria to a beloved land of our dreams . ”
It featured the activities of the Vice -President on its website, while calling on members of the public to volunteer for Osinbajo.
It however noted that it did not receive the endorsement of the Vice -President , noting that it had never met him .
The group added , “ Note that Osinbajo did not endorse this volunteer group . We have never met him . We are strong believers in the fact that he is the right ruler for Nigeria and we must create a people’ s volunteer base for him . ”